Wednesday 27 July 2022

 


Children of Ruin

(Children of Time #2)
by Adrian Tchaikovsky

** spoiler alert ** 

I didn't think anything could beat Children of Time, but alas, it seems that I was wrong. Though really, the biggest question I have is how much research does this man do? Because not only did I learn a lot about Octopi, but also now have a even better respect for them than I did before, and that is before they became the new focus of this series.

The amount of detail that goes into his world building, the way you start to love the characters you know are technically dead before the main story starts, but knowing this and seeing them suffer is still heart breaking.

The way the species all end up trying to communicate is genius (like the whole series so far really) and is certainly inventive.

A top notch sci-fi masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews