Sunday 4 September 2022

Review: HellSans

HellSans HellSans by Ever Dundas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sometimes you pi8ck up a book that is just different. And it takes you a moment or two to get your head around things, but once you do, you are glad you stuck with the book to start with as the story sweeps you up and pulls you along in strange and wonderful ways. And this is one of those books, without a doubt.

Set in a future time where people are given "bliss" (an euphoric feeling that leaves them pretty much stoned and compliant) by simply looking at a special type of font, there are of course those who have violent reactions to the font. And in the ways of the mass mob, those who have a reactions are called deviants and despised. The story, told from two perspectives, is from a Doctor trying to "cure" the deviants, and a millionaire who owns a tech company.

I had no idea what to expect from the story, but it swept me along with brilliant pacing and the building up on anticipation. I think this book has something for everyone, be them scifi, fantasy or just general fiction fans. It covers a broad spectrum of ideas, and the story was brilliantly woven to include it all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews