Friday 12 August 2022

Review: Wolfsong

Wolfsong Wolfsong by T.J. Klune
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I did not know what to expect from this book, but I did soon find that I could not put it down. It is a beautiful tale of growing into ones self, discovering a different form of love and family, and large elements of lgbt+ love, though that is not made such a big deal of, but is simply just part of the characters make up. And all this is wrapped up in a beautiful tale pf magic and werewolves.

The tale is told from Ox's point of view, he starts as a boy as his Father leaves, which scars him for a long time, especially with the things he says to Ox on the way out the door. It leaves him and his Mum in a destitute way, but they get help from the owner of a mechanic shop, and from there Ox's life and who he is and will become starts to form. It is a beautiful tale, one that takes you on a journey through self discovery, destiny and love, where you can have a family that is not blood, and letting peoples belief in you start to shape who you are.

The writers style was easy to follow, though I would not say it was exactly smooth, at no point did I feel lost or unable to continue. The world that they have created is wide and open to many more books to come in the Story or Ox and his companions, and truly I can not wait for the sequal.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews