Thursday 4 August 2022

Review: Black Lake Manor

Black Lake Manor Black Lake Manor by Guy Morpuss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had no idea what to expect from such a book, but truly it did ending up touching all my "buttons" as it is a thriller / detective "who dun it" / with some fantasy thrown in, plus a touch of history too. All my favourites.

So the scifi tech that is at the core of the book is quite interesting, though something of it also did remind me to Rimmer in Red Swarf. But it spoke of a reasonable future that we could be heading towards, and the uses of the tech. Though the research for such is shown and does the writer credit.

The fantasy part of the book was intriguing, the time skipping, and placing it as a ritual of the indigenous peoples of the area. Plus against the back drop of the North Pacific, it was quite atmospheric.

The writing style was smooth, easy to get into and truly once I had let myself slip into it, I found I could not put it down. A fun book to get into.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews