Wednesday 20 July 2022

The Haunting of Las Lágrimas

 


The Haunting of Las Lágrimas

by W.M. Cleese

This book was simply amazing to read, and actually left me feeling unnerved by certain things that I read.  So let me start by saying if you like a good - nay great - slow burn ghost story, this you have to buy this book.

It is set in the pre-WW1 era of South America, where a young privileged english woman is taking work as a gardener.  She accepts a job on a remote estate in the middle of the Pampas, and that is where things start to go wrong.

The authors descriptions and story telling left me creeped out on more than one occasion, to the point where I begged my hubby "not to go into the woods" when he went camping the weekend I finished it.  His choice to not go into certain details of one of the attacks means that he will always have my respect, and I am sure you will understand when you read it for yourselves.

I can not beg you enough to go and buy this book.  The author is a lovely man, he is a great story teller, and if this book doesn't give you chills, then you are made from sterner stuff than I.

5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews