Saturday 29 July 2023

Review: A War to End All

A War to End All A War to End All by Michael R. Fletcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you are a fan of the Manifest Delusions books, then you shall not be disappointed with the third instalment of the story. Prepare for it to reach a crescendo of madness and delusion that will leave you fascinated, horrified, yet yearning for more.

The book picks up where The Mirror’s Truth finished, with the aftermath of a fight and many people dead. Morgen, the godling who wants nothing more than a pure, perfect, clean world, is on his crusade to take all the city-states, make the people worship him and admass the power to become a true god. Nacht, Morgen's Mirror, has other ideas and begins to walk to the beat of his drum, countering his Mirrors plans where he can. And Konig, creator of Morgen, wants nothing more than to pull down his creation and take the power of faith for himself.

This book is so beautifully written, and while I say beautifully, I do mean horrifically. It is Grimdark at its very best, with descriptions that leave you disgusted while also bringing the filth and gory insane world into sharp focus. A must-read (but only if you have read the other books) so I guess I am saying you need to read all of them.

Chop chop, get to it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews