Sunday 25 September 2022

Review: Where They Lie

Where They Lie Where They Lie by Joe Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Now this was a twisty little thriller and no mistake.

The premise of the book is told from the PoV of a Social Worker, Nora McTavish, a survivor of childhood trauma, who tries to help those children she comes into contact with in her work. But when a famous Vlogger and her family crash in their private plane, she has to wonder if she missed something when she dealt with the family a couple of months before. It is then that her life takes an even more strange turn.

I started off not liking Nora much, to me she felt quite flat when it came to her emotions and all, but all that is a little more explained as the story continues through. I very soon started to root for her, and I got tangled in the mystery as I tried to work it out along with her.

Joe's writing is smooth, everything was clearing explained and what's more he left no plot holes or made his characters do anything that seemed out of their personality. A great little thriller that needs to be read to be believed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews