Wednesday 20 July 2022

Mothered

 


Mothered

by Zoje Stage

Now, this is a book that plays on your deepest fears: the world as it is (or was a year ago.)

I think anyone who obeyed the rules of lockdown due to the pandemic will feel the claustrophobia that this book brings about, not to mention playing on your anxieties that most people have suffered with.  Add into that the fear that most adults have about living with their "parent(s)" again and you have the perfect recipe for disaster.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, to the pint where I could not put it down and finished it in a day.  While it may not be gory enough for some horror fans, I think the brilliant writing and subtle play on our emotions from the pandemic (and continuing pandemic) are enough to thrill almost everyone.

5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews