Wednesday 20 July 2022

Gothic


Gothic

by Philip Fracassi


Wow.  Just wow.  

I am not sure I like starting a review like this, but I can not think of a word that better expresses how much I enjoyed this book.

It did take me a couple of chapters to get into the writers writing style, but that is on me (and not him) but once I had, I found I could hardly put the book down.  His use of prose in amping up the atmosphere was amazing, it oozed a "creep" factor that was palpable as I read what was happening.

The glimpse back in time was perfect, good detailing and filled in the gaps to the artifacts history that we had before then.

But the direction the story eventually takes you is one I don't think anyone could guess.  Well, I sure as hell did not anyway.  Loved the ending, it was so different to have a book end like that, it was like a refreshing surprise.

You like horror?  Then this is a must for your bedside table, especially to read in the dead of the night.

5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Madness of Gods

The Madness of Gods by R.S. Moule My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews